Rita Udina. Paper & Book conservation and restoration
- Owner: Private collector.
- Object: The Disasters of War (“Los desastres de la guerra”), series of 80 prints, dated between 1810 and 1820. They belong to the 1863 first printed edition.
- Author: Francisco de Goya y Lucientes (1746-1828).
- Damages: Slight discolouration on the edges, stains of both animal and sinthetic glue, fatty stains and/or other stains, tide lines due to a former bleaching treatment.
- Conservation treatment: Detachment of the bookbinding, dry cleaning, stain removal, wet cleaning and deacidification, consolidation (mending), flattening under tension.
- Exhibited in:
- Conservators: Márk Somogyi, Rita Udina.
- Read the POST if you feel like knowing more about it.