- Owner: Diputació de Barcelona.
- Object: Archive holdings damaged by mold.
- Damages: Losses and stains due to mold and insects. Cockling, stains, dirt.
- Conservation treatment: Mold treatment, cleaning, consolidation of damaged areas. Re-binding of the damaged books.
- Conservators: Pere Sacot, Anna Ferrer, Tuuli Jõesaar, Rita Udina.
The infection in some of the documents had severely damaged the content of the boxes (left). Losses have been infilled, and fragile areas have been consolidated and mended (right).
The infection damaged the bindings (left) which were considered worth re-binding (right), instead of preserveing the original bindings. The text block was previously disinfected.
Tide lines and stains were washed, after the mould treatment. Photomontage of the two images of the same object along the treatment