This year we give you Christmas greetings more lovingly than ever, if possible. We seek to shorten distances and keep in touch. And as for touch, that one of these hands that restore book and paper for you, representing the very essence of a manual work.
The hands in the image belong to artwork restored at the studio. You’ll find hands by Dürer, Picasso, Dalí, Goya, Tàpies, Chéret, R. Casas, R. Opisso, Ponç, G. Galí, R. Estrany, J. Llongueras, Maside, Ricardo AiA, Fabian, J. Acosta, incunabula hands, watermark hands, hands putting the finger on the sore spot, dancing hands, fighting, claiming, working, smoking, strangling, inflammatory hands and blooming hands. Hands in parchment, paper, printed, drawn in ball-point pen, etching, iron-gall ink, felt-tip pen, watercolour, pencil, charcoal, litography, painted on gouache…
Can you find them all? There’s a prize for the one who recognizes more of their authors! (*)
Merry Christmas to you all!
Image of the hands that restore: Pep Soler.
Greeting’s text: Eulàlia Armengol.
The collage and the video were created by these hands.
Music: We three kings, R.Tists For Christmas.
(*) Prize conditions:
- The prize consists on an apron frm the studio, that you can use to restore or to cook as well, now that we spend so much time at home, and a pair of Escoda Brushes, that you can use as well during lockdown if not for conservation.
Si ho vols també et farem una visita al taller… amb totes les mesures de seguretat.
- The prize is for the one who has more guesses regarding the authors of the hands, and if there is more than one, for the first one.
- The same rights are for participants on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or this blog, and the priority is the amount of matches and the cronological order of the highest amount of matches.
- You can give your answers commenting on this blog post or aslo ont these Instagram, Twitter or Facebook accounts, with the hashtag #ConservatorHandsOn. Submissions via e-mail, whatsapp, phone or other shall not be valid.
To comment on this blog you don’t need to register anywhere, but an e-mail is needed, which shall not be public, and we will only use to inform the winner.
- The photograph of the two hands on the very left of the Christmas card is done by Pep Soler, and since I have just revealed their author, these shall not count on the contest.
On the video there are less hands than in the static image, so if you want to win take a good look at it and use these numbers to refer to them:
- The deadline is January 15th, 2021 (included).
- The prize shall be sent via post, as long as we have the right contact details, or the winner can come and pick it at the studio.